Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special is the third Jeff Dunham special, and the first holiday themed DVD. It was taped at Pabst Theater in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and premiered on Comedy Central on November 16, 2008. It was released on DVD November 18, 2008.
Dunham also released his first music album, Don't Come Home for Christmas, on November 4, 2008. It contains original Christmas songs as well as a parody of "Jingle Bells" (sung by Achmed the Dead Terrorist) entitled "Jingle Bombs". All of the songs (except "Jingle Bombs") were written and accompanied by Brian Haner, who joined Dunham's act as "Guitar Guy". Bubba J made his return in this special, singing "Roadkill Christmas".
The special was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc.
- Holiday Tips-Walter, Achmed, and Peanut talk about tips for the holidays.
- Ask Santa-Audience members ask Walter (dressed as Santa) questions.
- Photo Shoot-A look at the photo shoot for the DVD cover art.
- Sleigh Ride-A look at the making of the sleigh ride sequence at the beginning.
- At the Show & the T-Shirt Bazookas-A look at the show and outtakes. Jeff and his family shoot t-shirts into the audience.
- More Jeff Dunham Stuff-An ad for Jeff Dunham.com
Main article: Don't Come Home for Christmas
Jeff Dunham released his first album entitled, Don't Come Home for Christmas. The album had the same theme as the special and was released around the same time. "Jingle Bombs" and "Roadkill Christmas" were the only songs in the album that were featured in the special.
- While Sweet Daddy Dee doesn't appear in the special, he is featured on the album. In some ways, this was his last appearance in the specials before Dunham retired the character after 2010.